- Code of Conduct
- Policy on Access to Information and Protection of Privacy
- Policy on Remuneration and Reimbursement of Expenses
- Report on the Implementation of GISA’s 2007-2010 Strategic Plan
- Strategic Plan 2010 - 2013
- Annual Directors' Report - 2012
- Administrative Review of Assessments and Deficiency Fees - Policy and Process
- Annual Directors' Report - 2013
- Strategic Plan 2014 - 2017
The GENERAL INSURANCE STATISTICAL AGENCY/AGENCE STATISTIQUE D'ASSURANCE GENERALE was incorporated as at June 28, 2005 as an independent legal entity under the Canada Corporations Act – Part II to carry out the activities of a statistical agent on behalf of all participating Canadian jurisdictions.
In this capacity, GISA has the ability to enter into contracts, collect revenue and incur operating and capital costs related to the activities of a statistical agent.
The mandate, or purpose, of GISA is to collect, and make available, required statistical information to support a healthy, accessible and responsive marketplace for property & casualty insurance. GISA’s mission is to provide effective oversight of the statistical information and related insurance data, and to ensure that timely, reliable and accurate information is efficiently produced.
GISA has established the following governance structure to fulfill its mandate and carry out its activities:
Board of Directors
GISA’s governance structure consists of a tripartite Board of Directors of up to 14 members comprising of regulators, industry representatives and public representatives.
Three Board committees, an Executive Committee, a Finance and Audit Committee, and a Statistical Plan Committee, have been established to provide stewardship and strategic management of the agency.
The Executive Committee provides stewardship and strategic management for GISA. Its mandate is to provide ongoing oversight and direction in the operation of the agency. During the year, the Committee met four times.
The Executive Committee:
- provides ongoing direction and advice to GISA Management in implementing decisions of the Board;
- acts as the Nominating Committee for appointments to the Board and its Committees;
- reviews and approves key communication documents and correspondence;
- establishes priorities and approves agenda for Board meetings; and
- makes ongoing decisions as necessary.
Finance & Audit Committee
The Finance & Audit Committee assists the Board in fulfilling its financial oversight responsibilities. The Committee reviews GISA’s financial risks, results, and reporting systems and provides advice and makes recommendations to the Board with respect to:
- external audits;
- internal control and risk management;
- financial performance and planning; and
- any other issues as requested by the Board.
Statistical Plan Committee
The Statistical Plan Committee assists the Board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities pertaining to the collection, analysis and reporting of statistical and financial information. The Committee oversees, provides advice and makes recommendations to the Board with respect to:
- GISA’s Data Rationalization Strategic Initiative;
- GISA’s Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting Strategic Initiative;
- Non-financial aspects of the Technology Renewal Program (TRP);
- Systemic issues affecting statistical plan data integrity; and
- Any other issues as requested by the Board.